Student League Competition Requirements and Eligibility
THIS COMPETITION IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR CURRENT STUDENT LEAGUE MEMBERS
In order to be eligible to compete in the Student League Competition, S.L. members must attend more than 50% of the scheduled meetings during the program year through the deadline date for submission of a competition application form.
Two compositions to be performed:
a. One from the baroque or classical period up to and including Beethoven
b. One from the romantic or modern repertoire
Instrumentalists will be expected to perform no less than 10 minutes and no more than 15 minutes.
Two or more compositions to be performed:
a. At least one from the baroque or classical period up to and including Beethoven
b. At least one from the romantic or modern repertoire
Singers will be expected to perform no less than 4 minutes and no more than 15 minutes.
3. No concerti for pianists
4. Contestants must perform all selections from memory.
5. Contestants are expected to provide their own accompanists.
6. Contestants must arrange to have three copies of the pieces to be performed available for the use of the judges.
7. The judges may, if they wish, make cuts during the contestant’s performance.
8. All contestants must be available to perform on the Prize Winners Concert in the event that they win a prize in this competition.
1. The winner must demonstrate, in the opinion of the judges, a high degree of musical ability. 2. If the judges decide that no candidate so qualifies, no award will be given this year.